September 14 –
September 16, 2018
What is Readerfest?
Readerfest is a workshop and festival for writers, artists, and all kinds of creators. We offer membership in a three-day
writers’ workshop, professional reviews and writing exercises, an exclusive programming track of discussion panels and lectures, and a free festival with presentations by popular authors, a dealer’s room, socializing, and lots of other free things to do and see. We’re dedicated to keeping Readerfest affordable and accessible to all. That’s why we offer free events, needs-based scholarships, and exclusive programming at a fraction of the cost of other workshops and retreats.
What is Our Mission?
The mission of Readerfest is to serve underrepresented populations and the general population of all age groups by providing arts education and events with a social justice focus.
Two Great Events, One Great Weekend!
Literary Festival —
A Celebration of Story
Friday and Saturday Evenings
September 14–15, 7:30 PM–Midnight
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Meet local and national authors & celebrity guests
- Attend conversations and presentations with many of our favorites, and meet new writers you will love!
- Dealer’s room to buy cool stuff! (Open all day)
Start with our Happy Hour!
Thursday September 13, 7:00 PM
The Hub Tacoma
- 203 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma WA 98402 (Just across the street from the hotel)
- Free entry, you just pay your costs for food & drink
Writers Weekend —
A Retreat and Workshop
Friday, September 13. 8:00 AM –
Sunday, September 16, 6:00 PM
You’ll learn from guest of Honor Steven Barnes and Tor editor Beth Meacham,
along with dozens of celebrated authors, poets, actors, playwrights, journalists, screenwriters, and storytellers from near and far.
- Pre-registration required
- $100 donation includes all three days, plus lunches and snacks
- Scholarships and Day Passes Available
- Hotel room discount for retreat members. Hotel amenities like breakfast buffet included.
- Free WIFI included
Attend our Banquet and Reception!
- Purchase tickets to our Friday reception and Saturday Banquet separately, or add them to your membership at a discounted cost
REGISTER NOW FOR FREE (Coming Soon!)
Please register even if you aren’t attending paid events so we can plan for the right number of attendees.