Readerfest brings you the synergy of quality authors, editors, agents, vendors, artists, game writers, musicians and other presenters , PLUS we have a casual, festival environment. We are community-driven and community-supported, staffed entirely by volunteers.
At Readerfest, all are welcome.
“From the choice of speakers to the panel topics, it’s clear that Readerfest is actively working to amplify #OwnVoices and go beyond the usual “here are a bunch of panels about X, and here’s one panel called women in X and another one called diversity in X″ approach.” At Readerfest, inclusivity wasn’t pushed into one panel. It was a central part of the convention.”
– Martin McClellan, Co-founder of The Seattle Review of Books.
Readerfest is a welcoming space where no racism, bigotry, or hate speech will be tolerated. We observe a ‘Six Second Rule’ — those who are more privileged wait 6 seconds before speaking so that marginalized voices may be centered.
- GAMES ROOM — Meet and mingle with pros in game design and writing, plus artists working in the industry. Open and scheduled games!
- Attend conversations and presentations with many of our favorites, and meet new writers you will love!
- Dealer’s room to buy cool stuff!
- ART — Meet working artists who create the art for books, games, comics and more!
You’ll learn from Guest of Honor author/screenwriter Steven Barnes and Tor editor Beth Meacham, poet Celeste Adame, and others TBA
- Registration required
- $25 donation includes a meeting with a pro mentor
- Scholarships Available – please email realreaderfest @ gmail.com
Please register even if you’re not attending paid events. It helps us plan for our attendees.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org