Readerfest brings you the same authors, editors, agents, and other presenters you might see at any other professional literary event. We are community-driven and community-supported, staffed entirely by volunteers.
At Readerfest, all are welcome.
“From the choice of speakers to the panel topics, it’s clear that Readerfest is actively working to amplify #OwnVoices and go beyond the usual “here are a bunch of panels about X, and here’s one panel called women in X and another one called diversity in X″ approach.” At Readerfest, inclusivity wasn’t pushed into one panel. It was a central part of the convention.”
– Martin McClellan, Co-founder of The Seattle Review of Books.
Two Great Events, One Great Weekend!
Literary Festival —
A Celebration of Story
Friday and Saturday Evenings
September 14–16, 2018
$5 for the weekend
Evening talks on Friday and Saturday are FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Meet local and national authors & celebrity guests
- Attend conversations and presentations with many of our favorites, and meet new writers you will love!
- Dealer’s room to buy cool stuff! (Open all day)
Start with our Happy Hour!
Harmon Brewery & Eatery
Map to 1938 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
Thursday September 13, 7:00 PM
- Free entry, you just pay your costs for food & drink
Writers Weekend —
A Retreat and Workshop
Friday, September 13. 8:00 AM –
Sunday, September 16, 6:00 PM
You’ll learn from guest of Honor Steven Barnes and Tor editor Beth Meacham,
along with dozens of celebrated authors, poets, actors, playwrights, journalists, screenwriters, and storytellers from near and far.
- Registration required
- $100 donation includes all three days, plus lunches and snacks
- Scholarships and Day Passes Available
Please register even if you’re not attending paid events. It helps us plan for our attendees.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org